Get the latest on the Coronavirus outbreak for the military community on Military OneSource.
SHOWING 1 - 1 OF 1 RESULTS
United States Air Force
Military and Family Readiness Center - Relocation
8105 Condor Street
MacDill AFB, FL 33621-5313
Moving is a way of life for service members and their families. Resources like MilitaryINSTALLATIONS, Plan My Move and Military OneSource provide important information to help make moving easier. But, for many newcomers, a sponsor adds that personal touch. A sponsor is assigned by a newcomer's gaining unit and helps the newcomer before, during and after a move. If you haven't been assigned a sponsor, you can request a sponsor through your new unit. Units try to match sponsors and service members by rank and family status. We also recognize that the service member isn’t the only one affected by a move, so spouses can also receive training to become a sponsor.
To help prepare sponsors for success, the Sponsorship Program provides training and access to important information and resources. The Sponsorship Program helps sponsors fulfill their duties including:
· Contacting the service member and family with an introductory email
· Staying in contact with the service member throughout the moving process
· Sending information about the new community and duty assignment, responding to questions and providing information about resources
· Confirming transportation and lodging arrangements
· Helping with post office arrangements
· Meeting service members and family members upon arrival
· Going with service members to unit check-in point
· Introducing service members to the Military and Family Support Center and loan closet, if it’s available
· Familiarizing service members and families with the installation and key locations, like the commissary
Note: Responsibilities may vary based on service-specific policies and guidance.
Overall, the Sponsorship Program aims to do the following:
· Provide newcomers with a sense of belonging
· Ease the transition for inbound service members or civilians and their family members
· Increase productivity of service members and loved ones
· Help newcomers make informed decisions
· Cultivate new friendships
· Improve morale
For more information on the Sponsorship Program, contact your installation’s Relocation Assistance Program office or, in the Marine Corps, the Information and Referral office.
Installation youth sponsorship programs facilitate the integration of military connected youth to new surroundings during moves. Primarily directed to preteen and teenaged youth, installation youth programs give youth information and materials on programs and services available at their new location. Where available, youth can exchange emails, talk on the phone or chat online with other youth. The youth program staff at your new installation can offer more information on the youth sponsorship program. Families with children may also want to visit Military Kids Connect, an online community for military children and youth. The site offers games, videos and links to teen-led installation tours.
Your safe arrival to MacDill Air Force Base is very important to us. Moving can be very stressful whether you are single or married. Please ensure you have secured a sponsor from your new unit prior to arrival. This individual is specifically assigned to host you and help ensure your transition into MacDill Air Force Base is a smooth one. Sponsorship is for single and married military members and civilians with orders to report to MacDill. If for any reason you have not been assigned a sponsor, or if your sponsor is not available and you are experiencing any difficulties, please contact your unit or the MacDill Air Force Base Military and Family Readiness Center, 813-828-0145, option 1, or DSN 312-968-0145, option 1. If you arrive at MacDill after hours, your unit is not a 24-hour operation and you need immediate assistance please call the command post 813-828-4361. They will be able to contact your unit's first sergeant who is also available to assist you.
Upon receiving PCS orders, contact the local base postal service center 813-828-4430 and complete an AF Form 624 for a change of address. The temporary mailing address for MacDill is: Rank/name, 8106 Condor St., P.S.C. Box 3500, Tampa, FL 33621.
All active-duty personnel should report to their unit's commander support staff for in-processing. For a list of units with location and telephone numbers see the Major Unit Listing topic.
Department of Defense civilians: contact your selecting official or personnel office for a sponsor. If you still do not receive a sponsor, contact the MacDill Civilian Personnel Office for assistance.