Meet overall wellness goals and manage COVID-19 stress with My MilLife Guide. Learn how to opt in to eight weeks of helpful texts delivered to your device.
SHOWING 1 - 1 OF 1 RESULTS
United States Air Force
Relocation Assistance Program - Airman & Family Readiness Center
Kunsan Korea, Republic Of 96264-2105
Moving is a way of life for service members and their families. Resources like MilitaryINSTALLATIONS, Plan My Move and Military OneSource provide important information to help make moving easier. But, for many newcomers, a sponsor adds that personal touch. A sponsor is assigned by a newcomer's gaining unit and helps the newcomer before, during and after a move. If you haven't been assigned a sponsor, you can request a sponsor through your new unit. Units try to match sponsors and service members by rank and family status. We also recognize that the service member isn’t the only one affected by a move, so spouses can also receive training to become a sponsor.
To help prepare sponsors for success, the Sponsorship Program provides training and access to important information and resources. The Sponsorship Program helps sponsors fulfill their duties including:
· Contacting the service member and family with an introductory email
· Staying in contact with the service member throughout the moving process
· Sending information about the new community and duty assignment, responding to questions and providing information about resources
· Confirming transportation and lodging arrangements
· Helping with post office arrangements
· Meeting service members and family members upon arrival
· Going with service members to unit check-in point
· Introducing service members to the Military and Family Support Center and loan closet, if it’s available
· Familiarizing service members and families with the installation and key locations, like the commissary
Note: Responsibilities may vary based on service-specific policies and guidance.
Overall, the Sponsorship Program aims to do the following:
· Provide newcomers with a sense of belonging
· Ease the transition for inbound service members or civilians and their family members
· Increase productivity of service members and loved ones
· Help newcomers make informed decisions
· Cultivate new friendships
· Improve morale
For more information on the Sponsorship Program, contact your installation’s Relocation Assistance Program office or, in the Marine Corps, the Information and Referral office.
Installation youth sponsorship programs facilitate the integration of military connected youth to new surroundings during moves. Primarily directed to preteen and teenaged youth, installation youth programs give youth information and materials on programs and services available at their new location. Where available, youth can exchange emails, talk on the phone or chat online with other youth. The youth program staff at your new installation can offer more information on the youth sponsorship program. Families with children may also want to visit Military Kids Connect, an online community for military children and youth. The site offers games, videos and links to teen-led installation tours.
If you are within 90 days of departure from your current assignment and do not have sponsor, please contact your gaining unit's Commander Support Staff to receive assistance with obtaining a sponsor. Their contact information can be found on the global. If you will be assigned to a Detachment, AFN, Army or 8FW tenant unit, please search the Kunsan AB global for the appropriate agency and contact them via email. Upon receipt of your PCS orders, send an electronic copy to your sponsor so they can set up your mail box and provide your new mailing address. If you do not have a mail box your general delivery mailing address will be as follows: Rank, Name, PSC 2 Box 5000, APO AP 96264. Occasionally newcomers arrive and find their sponsor is on their Mid-tour leave and no one is available to assist them. To prevent this from happening, please ensure you stay in contact with your sponsor so they can make arrangements for someone to assist you if they will be on leave when you arrive. If you have had limited contact with your sponsor or have not received your sponsor, please locate a contact number for your gaining unit or call 315-782-1110 (base operator) to be connected to your CSS. In the event you arrive at Kunsan and have not been assigned a sponsor, call the Command Post at 315-782-6000 and they will locate someone from your unit to assist you.