Showing 1 - 1 OF 1
1117 Ramsey Avenue
Picatinny Arsenal, NJ 07806
Contact information for key programs and services at this installation.
With certain military moves, you may find yourself looking for housing that’s a little less permanent before making long-term arrangements. There are several temporary housing options that may be right for you. Explore the information about temporary housing facilities including allowances, lodging rates and eligibility.
Picatinny Arsenal has 12 locations for recreational lodging, and we operate on a first-come, first-served basis. All of our locations include cable television, WiFi access and free domestic long-distance calling. Some of our locations also include Netflix service. Our locations are all non-smoking facilities; some are pet friendly.
Price changes for all recreational lodging are effective as of April 2021. Customers with existing reservations made prior to the price changes will pay the price originally quoted at the time the reservation was made. To make a reservation, visit our online reservation page.
The Historic Guest House:
Our Historic Guest House, which is located on Farley Avenue, has four units. The building offers one suite (Room one), which features a large kitchen, a living room, two bedrooms and one bathroom. Rooms two, three and four are located in another section of the guest house. These rooms share a common entryway with private doors to each room. Each includes private bathrooms while the common area living room and kitchen are shared. Room two has one queen bed and one single bed. Room three has one queen bed and two single beds. Room four has one queen bed. There is also a washer and dryer on-site.
Constructed in the fall of 2010, our log cabins are located near Lake Denmark Road. The cabins feature two bedrooms and an upstairs loft that includes one queen bed and three twin-sized beds. Cabins include an eat-in kitchen, a living room, a bathroom and a porch area. There is a separate facility with a washer and dryer located at the site.
For reservations, call the trailer park office at 973-724-4014 or DSN 312-880-4014, Monday-Friday,7:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m. Current recreational rates are $60 per night.
Harris Court apartments:
Our Harris Court apartments are located immediately after the intersection of Brown Road and Harris Court, directly across from Frog Falls Aquatic Park. These five brick apartments (units A-E) are newly renovated and feature two bedrooms, one queen bed and two twin beds, a large kitchen, a dining area, a living room, cable TV with high-definition channels, high-speed internet connectivity with WiFi capabilities and free domestic long-distance calling from the included landline. There is a washer and dryer in each unit. This location is merely steps away from Frog Falls, the Forge Fitness Center, outdoor recreation, the commissary and the post exchange.
Morale, Welfare and Recreation recreational lodging allows up to 30-day stays at a time without further approval. If you need to extend your stay, you must submit in writing the reason why. It will then be sent for approval by the recreational lodging manager, business recreational chief director of the Family MWR or the garrison commander, if necessary.
1. MWR recreational lodging reservation requests are handled on a first-come, first-served basis. Reservation requests are not confirmations; you are not confirmed until you receive a confirmation email and/or a confirmation phone call from management.
2. Staying in one of our MWR recreational lodging facilities is a privilege, and this can be taken away any time if the person signing or taking responsibility for a facility/room causes damage, disturbance or any other inconvenience to Picatinny, FMWR or other customers.
3. Priority for staying in recreational lodging on Picatinny will be first-come only with the understanding that the service is followed by:
4. If a cancellation is made less than one week before the scheduled arrival date, the guest will have to pay a cancellation fee of $100. If a guest fails to cancel, the reservation holder will be responsible for a two-night recreational lodging cost (the cost will depend upon the room or building that has been reserved). No-shows will be handled in the same manner as failure to cancel the reservation.
5. If an occupant loses a key, is locked out or temporarily misplaces their key, they need to call the recreation lodging manager during business hours: 8 a.m.-3 p.m., Monday-Friday.
6. Replacement costs for keys (card) is $25.
7. If a staff member has to come on post to open a room after official operating hours (8 a.m.-3 p.m., Monday-Friday), there will be a charge of $75 to the occupant.
8. Pets cannot be left alone outside any of our recreational lodging facilities with or without leash if the occupant is not around. If a pet is found outside by itself without the occupant in the same location, the pet will be turned in to the police.