SHOWING 1 - 1 OF 1 RESULTS
United States Marine Corps
510 Headquarters Loop
Beaufort, SC 29904
Each installation provides information about the types of schools and programs offered on or near your installation for your child. Learn about the types of programs, guidelines and requirements for each school. Whether you choose to send your child to a Department of Defense School, a private school or public school, your installation can help you explore all of your options to make the right decision for you and your child.
Beaufort County School District serves South Carolina's most rapidly growing county, with an area of over 580 square miles covering 60 major coastal islands along the Atlantic Ocean. Our diverse student population of over 19,000 students attend 38 schools across the county. For more information regarding Beaufort County School District, please visit their website
First Student Transportation Information -- Safe and effective school bus transportation depends on everyone, including you. Safety, Order, Attitude, and Respect together enable us to soar to success. For further assistance, please contact our office at your convenience.
Beaufort Office -- Serving Battery Creek & Beaufort HS Communities -Located at 2900 Mink Point Blvd, Beaufort and can be reached at 843-322-0770. Serving Beaufort High School can be reached at 843-322-2000
Bluffton Office -- Serving Bluffton & Hilton Head HS Communities - Located at 200 Burnt Church Road Bluffton and can be reached by calling 843-706-8400 or 50 Wilborn Road Hilton Head and call 843-342-4379.
Before and After School Programs
Some of the schools in Beaufort County provide their own before and after school programs. Please visit the Beaufort County School Website for more information.
School Sports Beaufort County Schools offer the following sport program: Baseball -JV, Baseball - V, Basketball, Cheerleading, Cross Country, Football - JV, Football - V, Golf - Boys, Golf - Girls, Marching Band, Soccer - Boys, Soccer - Girls, Softball - JV, Softball - V, Swim Team, Tennis - Boys, Tennis - Girls, Track - Boys, Track - Girls, Volleyball, Volleyball - JV, Wrestling - JV, and Wrestling - V.
In addition, the School Liaison Officer can provide further assistance with schools in Beaufort county and surrounding area. 843-228-6128 School Liaison (southcarolina.usmc-mccs.org)
Eligibility: Dependent children of military members and civilian employees of the Department of Defense occupying permanent living quarters on any military installation served by a DoDEA Americas school program.
1. Elliott Elementary School (preK-2)
2. Bolden Elementary/Middle School (3-8) http://www.dodea.edu/BoldenEMS/index.cfm
There is not a DoDEA high school in the area. Once a student completes 8th grade, he/she will attend a Beaufort County high school based on which installation they reside. Currently, those students who live in Laurel Bay are zoned to attend Whale Branch Early College High School. Students who live on Parris Island are zoned to attend Battery Creek High School. Students who live in housing at the Naval Hospital are zoned to attend Beaufort High School. Home school, virtual school, charter schools, and private schools are also options for high school.
For further information or assistance, plesae contact the School Liaison Officer at 843-228-6128 or by visiting the SLP website School Liaison (southcarolina.usmc-mccs.org)
Lunch Sessions provide:
Breakfast Sessions provide:
Elementary, Middle and High cafeterias offer a minimum of 3 items. Items are such foods as: ham and cheese biscuit, cheese grits, cereal, milk, fruit, juice and any other type food approved by USDA guidelines.
Food Services can be reached by calling the director at 843-322-0800. Office Number is 843-322-0800, Fax Number 843-322-0816. Or visit the Beaufort County Food Services Website for more information.
In addition, the School Liaison Officer can provide further assistance with schools in Beaufort County and surrounding area. 843-228-6128 School Liaison (southcarolina.usmc-mccs.org)
There are several private/parochial school options in Beaufort County. To see all of them please visit http://www.sciway.net/edu/k12/beaufort.html
Some of the schools most commonly attended are:
1. Agape Christian Academy (K5-12th) is a private Christian school in the Lowcountry of South Carolina in Beaufort County. They offer an academically accelerated Christian curriculum. Their focus is not only on the academic development of each student but also the spiritual development of each as they strive to exemplify and share the love, mercy, and grace of our Lord Jesus Christ.
2. Beaufort Academy (K2-12th) believes in the tripod philosophy of education, placing emphasis not only on academic success but also on participation in arts and athletics. BA encourages students to take advantage of the numerous opportunities afforded to them and to explore new experiences. While academics come first, BA students are also involved in multiple activities throughout the year, ranging from performing on stage, to participating on an athletic team, to taking the challenge offered by academic competitions.
3. Beaufort Christian (K3-12th) recognizes that God has given every child unique gifts – and a unique calling. Every child is made in God's own image and therefore has inestimable value. Our goal is to help all our students discover and defend the truth, identify and develop their individual gifts, and achieve their fullest, God-given potential – intellectually, physically, and spiritually.
4. Holy Trinity Classical Christian School’s (K2-12th) mission is to be distinctly classical and distinctively Christian. They will enter a partnership with parents as they educate students with a biblical worldview. They are committed to the pursuit of religious truth, wisdom, scholastic excellence, and the love of learning. With the Holy Scriptures as the foundation for all they learn, their students will be ambassadors of the Kingdom of God, prepared to defend and advance the apostolic Christian faith.
5. John Paul II Catholic School (7th-12th) is committed to preparing students with diverse learning abilities for the challenges of life through intellectual, physical, and spiritual programs that advance academic excellence, leadership, a healthy lifestyle, and service to others while fostering discipleship according to the traditions of the Catholic faith.
6. St. Peter's Catholic School (K3-6th) offers a program to all students that are academically rigorous and spiritually enriching. Their curriculum is guided by the nationally validated Core Knowledge program which leads to the development of culturally literate students who have mastered the blend of content, concepts, and skills which defines the educated person.
7. Thomas Heyward Academy (K4-12th) is an independent, college preparatory school serving Pre-Kindergarten through 12th grade. Their mission is to foster a life-long passion for learning, leading and serving in a diverse world. They are dedicated to the development of each student in mind and body through academics, arts, and athletics in a safe and engaging environment. The school is equally committed to the development of each student's character, with an emphasis on compassion, integrity, perseverance, respect, and responsibility.
For additional questions or information, please contact the School Liaison Officer at 843-228-6128 or visit their website School Liaison (southcarolina.usmc-mccs.org)
Parents or guardians may choose to home school their children instead of enrolling them in a public, private, or parochial school. South Carolina statutes provide parents/ guardians with three different options for home schooling their children.
Option One allows the parents to home school their children under the auspices of a school district, if approved by the board of trustees.
Options Two parents may home school their children with the support of the South Carolina Association of Independent Home Schools.
Option Three, parents may choose a home school association whcih has no fewer than fifty members and meets the home school requirements.
Each option has different requirements. Parents/ guardians should select the Home School option that is best for their children.
Please visit the South Carolina Department of Education website listed below for a full explanation of the Home School policy.
South Carolina Department of Education: https://ed.sc.gov/districts-schools/
For additional information please contact the School Liaison Officer at 843-228-6128 or visit their website southcarolina.usmc-mccs.org/slp
The Voluntary Education Program can provide assistance with Service Members and their families in reaching their personal and professional education goals.
The education office provides:
Services are available to Active-Duty, Veterans, Retirees, DoD Civilians, Reservists, and military family members.
For additional information, please contact the Voluntary Education Program at 843-228-2151, 843-228-7754, 843-228-2086, or 843-228-3889. Or visit their website at Education (southcarolina.usmc-mccs.org)