SHOWING 1 - 1 OF 1 RESULTS
United States Army
Army Emergency Relief - Family Resource Center
11042 Mt Belvedere
Fort Drum, NY 13602
If you need emergency assistance, you can expect to get help from your installation, your branch of service resources. There are programs to support you in a variety of situations, including victim assistance, emergencies en route and service-specific relief societies. Below, you’ll find types of assistance, contact information, and detailed procedures and guidance to help you through any tough circumstances that you or your family may face.
ARMY EMERGENCY RELIEF (AER) Fort Drum 315-772-6560/6555
Army Emergency Relief (AER) provides emergency financial assistance to active duty Soldiers, Retirees and Family members during times of valid emergency need. AER provides Interest free loans and/or grants to those who qualify for financial assistance. After normal duty hours, contact the American Red Cross for AER assistance at 1-877-272-7337 for emergency travel.
AER assist with the following approved categories:
· Non-Receipt of Pay/Lost or Stolen Funds
· Medical and Hospital Expenses
· Funeral Expenses (Assistance increased for dependent funerals from $10k to $15K)
· Emergency Travel Expenses (Emergency Leave travel for immediate family members will be processed at a minimum 50% Grant)
· Privately Owned Vehicle
· Fire or Disasters
·Dental Care for Dependents (Will start as a 50% Grant at a minimum, no cap)
· Travel Funds for Relocation
· Minor Home Repairs (home owners)
· Purchase and Repairs of Basic Essential Appliances
· Child Car Seats
· Cranial Helmets (Processed as a Grant only)
· Purchase of Basic Essential Furniture
· Travel Expenses Related to “Welcome Home”
· Soldier Hospitalized and listed as Very Seriously ill/Seriously ill (ITO)
· Travel Expenses when directed by a Medical Treatment Facility to another Medical Facility
· Assistance provided to Dependents involved in Domestic Violence Cases
· New Category: Immigration Assistance
· New Category: Special Needs Assistance (for special needs equipment not covered by TriCare or other Insurance)
· New Category: Pet transportation cost for OCONUS PCS move (possible CONUS for Service animal)
· New Category: Spouse Re-Licensing & Re-Certification Assistance (capped at $2500)
· New Program: Child Care (in association with a PCS move and enrollment in the Army Fee Assistance Program)
· New Program: Home School and Remote Education Assistance (Processed as a Grant only) capped at $1500
· New Program: Unexpected PCS Expenses Exception (TLE / TLA / HHG / Other) delay of pick up or delivery of HHG’s
· New Program: Career Skills Program (CSP) cap for CONUS $1000 exceptions possible
AER CANNOT assist with the following:
· Financing ordinary leave or vacation
· Paying fines or legal expenses
· Helping to liquidate or consolidate debt (possible exception’s)
· Assisting with house purchase
· Covering bad checks or pay credit card bill, GTC
· Financing New Car Loans
AER's MG James Ursano Scholarship applications may be completed online at www.aerhq.org starting the first week of January with a deadline of 1 April of each year. The program is for dependent children of Active and Retired Army Soldiers and is based on financial need, academics, and leadership/achievement.
Scholarships are also available for Spouses, both stateside and overseas and can be applied for throughout the entire school year.
If you experience an emergency while en route to Fort Drum, the following agencies may be able to assist you. Access to local telephone numbers for the area you are in is available by calling the operator. If you are experiencing a medical emergency, call 911 or visit the closest emergency room. Referral assistance is available 24 hours a day from Military OneSource at 800-342-9647.
Be sure to carry your important documents with you as you travel. Do not ship these with your household goods. This includes important phone numbers such as an information number for your new duty station and your sponsor.
Arrival DelayIf you're in transit and an emergency arises, call the Reception Activity Welcome Center at 800-661-7158 or 315-772-0423 and let them know the nature of your emergency. Remember, if you are unable to arrive by your reporting date and you do not call ahead, you may be considered AWOL.