Meet overall wellness goals and manage COVID-19 stress with My MilLife Guide. Learn how to opt in to eight weeks of helpful texts delivered to your device.
SHOWING 1 - 1 OF 1 RESULTS
United States Air Force
Relocation Assistance - Military and Family Support Center - McGuire
3435 Broidy Road
McGuire AFB, NJ 08641
Moving is a way of life for service members and their families. Resources like MilitaryINSTALLATIONS, Plan My Move and Military OneSource provide important information to help make moving easier. But, for many newcomers, a sponsor adds that personal touch. A sponsor is assigned by a newcomer's gaining unit and helps the newcomer before, during and after a move. If you haven't been assigned a sponsor, you can request a sponsor through your new unit. Units try to match sponsors and service members by rank and family status. We also recognize that the service member isn’t the only one affected by a move, so spouses can also receive training to become a sponsor.
To help prepare sponsors for success, the Sponsorship Program provides training and access to important information and resources. The Sponsorship Program helps sponsors fulfill their duties including:
· Contacting the service member and family with an introductory email
· Staying in contact with the service member throughout the moving process
· Sending information about the new community and duty assignment, responding to questions and providing information about resources
· Confirming transportation and lodging arrangements
· Helping with post office arrangements
· Meeting service members and family members upon arrival
· Going with service members to unit check-in point
· Introducing service members to the Military and Family Support Center and loan closet, if it’s available
· Familiarizing service members and families with the installation and key locations, like the commissary
Note: Responsibilities may vary based on service-specific policies and guidance.
Overall, the Sponsorship Program aims to do the following:
· Provide newcomers with a sense of belonging
· Ease the transition for inbound service members or civilians and their family members
· Increase productivity of service members and loved ones
· Help newcomers make informed decisions
· Cultivate new friendships
· Improve morale
For more information on the Sponsorship Program, contact your installation’s Relocation Assistance Program office or, in the Marine Corps, the Information and Referral office.
Installation youth sponsorship programs facilitate the integration of military connected youth to new surroundings during moves. Primarily directed to preteen and teenaged youth, installation youth programs give youth information and materials on programs and services available at their new location. Where available, youth can exchange emails, talk on the phone or chat online with other youth. The youth program staff at your new installation can offer more information on the youth sponsorship program. Families with children may also want to visit Military Kids Connect, an online community for military children and youth. The site offers games, videos and links to teen-led installation tours.
Soldiers must request a Sponsor by filling out a form at the Human Resource Military office during their reassignment interview.
A Sponsor will be assigned prior to departing your base. If no sponsor has been assigned, please contact your unit Commander's Support Staff or the Military & Family Support Center for assistance. Let your Sponsor know when you are arriving and by what means. If arriving through nearby airports, you will have to rent a vehicle or pay for transportation service if your Sponsor is not picking you up. If arriving during duty hours, report to your unit Commander's Support Staff. They will set-up the appropriate in-processing appointments.
To begin receiving mail at McGuire before you have an actual place to live, you may use this address:
Your Name, c/o General Delivery, PSC Box 3000, 2907 Tuskegee Airmen Avenue, McGuire AFB, NJ 08641-5000.
Lakehurst has a Sponsor coordinator whose job it is to designate a Sponsor. A Sponsor's responsibility is to meet Newcomers, escort them through the base and to make the transition as easy as possible. Contact the Command Sponsor Coordinator at 732-323-2858 or Military Admin at 732-323-2656. Inbound Service Members should expect a letter or e-mail from their Sponsor. The Command Sponsor Coordinator will forward a message and a Welcome Aboard Package.
Service Members in transit may forward mail to the member's receiving department within the command or to the Sponsor. Service Members may also forward mail temporarily to their home of record.