Get the latest on the Coronavirus outbreak for the military community on Military OneSource

Show More

Osan Air Base  In-depth Overview

Main Contact Info


  • United States Air Force

    Osan AB

    Airman and Family Readiness Center

    Pyeongtaek Korea, Republic Of 459-122

    COMM phone number for Osan Air Base Airman and Family Readiness Center


    DSN phone number for Osan Air Base Airman and Family Readiness Center


    EMAILEmail:,P5_MSG_TYPE,P5_EID:MilitaryINSTALLATIONS,Installation Address,87774
    Mon - Fri 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Sat and Sun - closed All U.S. Holidays and PACAF Family Day - closed Information Fair & Pyeongtaek City Bus Tour: Third (3rd) Wednesday of Month: 0900-1400

Cost of Living

The cost of living off-base varies with the exchange rate between the U.S. dollar and the Korean won. Rent can range from $500 p/mo for a one bedroom apartment to $2,000 for a four bedroom apartment. A Cost of Living Allowance (COLA) is paid based on your PCS status; accompanied with or w/out dependents and other factors.  Fifty dollars Hardship Duty Pay is also paid to military members assigned to Osan. Visit your local A&FRC Personal Financial Consultant for assistance in estimating income and expenses for Osan AB. Use Pyeongtaek, South Korea for your reference in making comparisons.

Go to:, to calculate your overseas (OCONUS) COLA. Use "KOREA, OSAN AB, KR025" follow on-site instructions.

For USFK civilians: Living Quarters Allowance, (LQA) is not payable when an individual is hired overseas.  Please contact your local Civilian Personnel Office for the most current information.

Q1. What is LQA?
A1. LQA is provided to reimburse employees for suitable, adequate living quarters at posts where the U.S. Government does not provide quarters. LQA may be used to pay for rent, utilities, taxes, and related fees (see DSSR 131.2 for a complete listing).