Get the latest on the Coronavirus outbreak for the military community on Military OneSource.
SHOWING 1 - 1 OF 1 RESULTS
United States Air Force
Relocation Assistance Services
575 Holzapple St
Grand Forks AFB, ND 58205
Moving is a way of life for service members and their families. Resources like MilitaryINSTALLATIONS, Plan My Move and Military OneSource provide important information to help make moving easier. But, for many newcomers, a sponsor adds that personal touch. A sponsor is assigned by a newcomer's gaining unit and helps the newcomer before, during and after a move. If you haven't been assigned a sponsor, you can request a sponsor through your new unit. Units try to match sponsors and service members by rank and family status. We also recognize that the service member isn’t the only one affected by a move, so spouses can also receive training to become a sponsor.
To help prepare sponsors for success, the Sponsorship Program provides training and access to important information and resources. The Sponsorship Program helps sponsors fulfill their duties including:
· Contacting the service member and family with an introductory email
· Staying in contact with the service member throughout the moving process
· Sending information about the new community and duty assignment, responding to questions and providing information about resources
· Confirming transportation and lodging arrangements
· Helping with post office arrangements
· Meeting service members and family members upon arrival
· Going with service members to unit check-in point
· Introducing service members to the Military and Family Support Center and loan closet, if it’s available
· Familiarizing service members and families with the installation and key locations, like the commissary
Note: Responsibilities may vary based on service-specific policies and guidance.
Overall, the Sponsorship Program aims to do the following:
· Provide newcomers with a sense of belonging
· Ease the transition for inbound service members or civilians and their family members
· Increase productivity of service members and loved ones
· Help newcomers make informed decisions
· Cultivate new friendships
· Improve morale
For more information on the Sponsorship Program, contact your installation’s Relocation Assistance Program office or, in the Marine Corps, the Information and Referral office.
Many installations give kids the chance to meet a new friend and become acquainted with their new installation through the installation’s youth program. Where available, youth can exchange emails, talk on the phone or chat online. For more information, visit MilitaryINSTALLATIONS and click on Youth Services and your new installation. The youth program staff at your new installation can offer more information on the Youth Sponsorship Program. Families with children may also want to visit Military Kids Connect, an online community for military children and youth. The site offers games, videos and links to teen-led installation tours.
Your sponsor will provide you with a Sponsor Packet containing extensive information on Grand Forks AFB and the community, as well as area maps. If you don't hear from your sponsor within 60 days of your RNLTD, you can contact the Airman and Family Readiness Center for assistance at 701-747-3241 or DSN 312-362-3241. If your sponsor is unable meet you upon arrival, the 24-hour check-in point is The Warrior Inn at 701-747-7200 or DSN 312-362-7200. The Warrior Inn is also the POC as the Base Locator on the weekends.
Upon receiving PCS orders, first contact the local base Postal Service Center at DSN 312-362-3344 or Commercial 701-747-3344 (WEEKDAYS) and 701-747-3841 on Saturdays. Failure to do so might result in some of your mail being returned to the sender prior to your arrival. After arriving, complete an AF Form 624 for a change of address. The temporary mailing address for Grand Forks AFB is: Rank/Name, PSC Box (101-200), Grand Forks AFB ND 58207. Should you arrive at Grand Forks during a period of inclement weather, please call the Grand Forks AFB Snow Line at (710) 747- SNOW to determine late reporting instructions, base closures or delays. GFAFB can be contacted through the following social media platforms and accounts;