SHOWING 1 - 1 OF 1 RESULTS
United States Air Force
Relocation Assistance Program (Airman & Family Readiness Center)
1500 Vermont Garrison St Bld 3801
Seymour Johnson AFB, NC 27531-2442
Moving is a way of life for service members and their families. Resources like MilitaryINSTALLATIONS, Plan My Move and Military OneSource provide important information to help make moving easier. But, for many newcomers, a sponsor adds that personal touch. A sponsor is assigned by a newcomer's gaining unit and helps the newcomer before, during and after a move. If you haven't been assigned a sponsor, you can request a sponsor through your new unit. Units try to match sponsors and service members by rank and family status. We also recognize that the service member isn’t the only one affected by a move, so spouses can also receive training to become a sponsor.
To help prepare sponsors for success, the Sponsorship Program provides training and access to important information and resources. The Sponsorship Program helps sponsors fulfill their duties including:
· Contacting the service member and family with an introductory email
· Staying in contact with the service member throughout the moving process
· Sending information about the new community and duty assignment, responding to questions and providing information about resources
· Confirming transportation and lodging arrangements
· Helping with post office arrangements
· Meeting service members and family members upon arrival
· Going with service members to unit check-in point
· Introducing service members to the Military and Family Support Center and loan closet, if it’s available
· Familiarizing service members and families with the installation and key locations, like the commissary
Note: Responsibilities may vary based on service-specific policies and guidance.
Overall, the Sponsorship Program aims to do the following:
· Provide newcomers with a sense of belonging
· Ease the transition for inbound service members or civilians and their family members
· Increase productivity of service members and loved ones
· Help newcomers make informed decisions
· Cultivate new friendships
· Improve morale
For more information on the Sponsorship Program, contact your installation’s Relocation Assistance Program office or, in the Marine Corps, the Information and Referral office.
Many installations give kids the chance to meet a new friend and become acquainted with their new installation through the installation’s youth program. Where available, youth can exchange emails, talk on the phone or chat online. For more information, visit MilitaryINSTALLATIONS and click on Youth Services and your new installation. The youth program staff at your new installation can offer more information on the Youth Sponsorship Program. Families with children may also want to visit Military Kids Connect, an online community for military children and youth. The site offers games, videos and links to teen-led installation tours.
If you are within 30 days of relocating to Seymour Johnson and have requested a sponsor but have not been contacted by him/her, or you've received a short-notice assignment, please contact your Unit INTRO Monitor or our servicing Military Personnel Section at 919-722-8686, immediately. All single first term airmen having difficulty contacting a sponsor should contact our Airman Dormitory Leaders (ADL) during normal duty hours (7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Tues, Thurs, and 9:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Mon, Wed, Fri) at 919-722-7482/7483/7485/7487 so they can verify your arrival date and start planning for your dorm room assignment. If you arrive station without sponsorship after hours, weekend, or holiday, you may contact the CE Service Call Desk at 919-722-5139. The 24/7 service will contact a ADL to assist you with a Hospitality Room in the dormitory until your permanent room is ready for occupancy.
For those who want a temporary mailing address, General Delivery Address procedures are as follows: include Your Name, General Delivery, PSC Box 2000, Seymour Johnson AFB, NC 27531 (located on Wright Brothers Ave., Building 3621).