Get the latest on the Coronavirus outbreak for the military community on Military OneSource.
SHOWING 1 - 1 OF 1 RESULTS
United States Air Force
Education Services - Lackland AFB
1550 Wurtsmith Street
Bldg 5725, Suite 5
Lackland AFB, TX 78236
If you’ve ever considered taking your education a step further, you should look to your installation for more information and assistance. They can help you decide if receiving an advanced degree is right for you, tell you which local colleges and classes are offered and find out if you’re eligible for tuition assistance. The Voluntary Education Center, or Installation Education Center, is available to help you put together a plan to advance your education.
Military spouses can also choose to engage with an education and career coach through the DoD’s Spouse Education and Career Opportunities program, or SECO. These coaches can assist them in exploring multiple tools, resources and information to reach their educational goals. To contact a career coach call 800-342-9647 or visit https://myseco.militaryonesource.mil.
JBSA has four education offices on all three large installations—JBSA-FSH, JBSA-Lackland, and JBSA-Randolph. They offer administrative support, educational counseling, financial aid/tuition assistance information, degree planning, and testing service that support active-duty service members, family members, and civilian employees. Services may vary based on space availability.
Several colleges and universities provide on-base courses and programs for both personal and career needs. Information and counseling about these programs and those in the San Antonio community are available from the on-base Education Services or directly from the colleges.
Military members and their families are eligible for resident tuition rates at Texas state schools and universities. To qualify, be prepared to take a copy of the military member's orders, proof of residence, or any other documentation the admissions office may require. Learn more about in-state tuition eligibility and The Military Spouse Residency Relief Act.
The Education Page on JBSA.mil provides the most current contact information and hours of operation for installation education offices. As hours of operation and the availability of walk-in appointments may vary due to the Health Protection Condition (HPCON), contact the center directly to confirm accuracy.
JBSA - Fort Sam Houston Army Education Center
The Army offers a broad range of educational services and guidance to Soldiers and Adult Family Members through the Army Continuing Education System. The Army Education Center (AEC) is available for services 0730-1600 M-F through MS Teams and by telephone at the present time. Guidance Counselors are available by telephone, email, MS Teams and through our Help Desk “Service NOW” on ArmyIgnited. We are closed on Thursday mornings from 0730-1130. The AEC Joint Mailbox is firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Basic Skills Education Program (BSEP) is a 3-week program offered every month on MS Teams. The Soldier is required to have Company Commander’s approval and to meet with a counselor to discuss academic goals prior to registration. Please call 210 221 1738 for more information.
• The TAP Higher Education Track, “Managing Your (My) Education” is offered on MS Teams. Please call 210 221 1738 for more information.
• The ArmyIgnited TA ETP Invoicing is still in effect at this time. Please contact 210 221 1738 for more information.
• To attend the MS Teams Inprocessing, Outprocessing, or TA Briefing, please call 210 221 1738 for the checklist and to be scheduled.
• APT Testing is conducted IAW AR 621-5. We are under Priority Testing at this time. APT testing requires scheduling through an AEC Counselor and a signed DA 4187. CLEP/DSST exams require preapproval IAW AR 621-5 (AEC Referral letter) and are available by appointment at the FSH National Test Center. Testing is not available by walk-in. Please contact the AEC at (210) 221-1738 for more information.
The following are JBSA-Fort Sam Houston college representatives. These representatives may be on remote status depending on HPCON and community requirements:
• Alamo Colleges
• Webster University
• Wayland Baptist University
Please contact the AEC at (210) 221-1738 or visit their Go Army Ed website for more information. Testing services are NOT available on a walk-in basis.
JBSA - Lackland Education Center
The focal point for all college education programs at Lackland is the Education and Testing Center. Professional guidance counselors are available for both active duty and dependents on an appointment basis. Complete testing facilities are available to include CLEP, DSST, and other specialized tests.
Below are the colleges that teach courses on Lackland AFB. You can also visit the Air Force Virtual Education Center website.
• Park University
The center is located at 1550 Wurtsmith Street, Building 5725, Suite 5, JBSA-Lackland, TX 78236. Personnel can call customer service, (210) 671-8711 or email email@example.com.
JBSA - Randolph Education Center
Randolph has one of the finest and most comprehensive education programs in the Air Force. In conjunction with the San Antonio area's local colleges and universities, the Education Center offers a broad range of programs and services. The following colleges/universities offer courses on JBSA-Randolph. You can also visit the Air Force Virtual Education Center website.
• Alamo Community College District
• Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
• Wayland University
The center is located at 301 B Street West, JBSA-Randolph, TX 78150-4520. Please call (210) 652-5964 or email Randolph.firstname.lastname@example.org for customer service.