SHOWING 1 - 1 OF 1 RESULTS
United States Army
Chafee Gate Visitor Center
Fort Bliss, TX 79916
When you arrive at your new installation, you’ll need to follow installation-specific procedures. Each installation and service handles in-processing differently. Here, you can find installation-specific guidelines and a list of documents to bring with you when checking- in. Reach out to the contacts provided if you have specific questions.
All Soldiers arriving to Fort Bliss, Texas, will in-process through the Fort Bliss Reception Detachment. You can expect to be with the Reception Detachment for five days and complete finance, medical, dental in-processing, CIF draw along with the installation welcome brief.
Uniform: Operational Camouflage Pattern, if signing in Monday through Friday during duty hours (8 a.m.-5 p.m.).
Soldiers need the following on arrival/processing:
1. Copy of DA 31 (leave request)
2. Assignment Orders with all amendments, to include DD 1610’s, if applicable
3.Health and Dental records
4. Military Personnel records (as required)
5. Common Access Card
6. Government purchased travel itineraries/invoices and any receipts for any travel costs greater than $75.
*Recommend bringing extra copies of assignment orders and DA 31’s.
1.All incoming Soldiers will report to the staff duty desk of the Fort Bliss Reception Detachment (Building 1006) located on Carter Street no later than the required report date stated on their assignment instructions. The Fort Bliss Reception Detachment staff duty is manned 24 hours daily.
2. Reception Detachment will not approve Permissive Temporary Duty/House Hunting Leave upon arrival. We recommend you have your departing unit authorize PTDY prior to departure. If a Soldier wishes to take PTDY after their report date, it needs to be requested through their gaining unit. Once a Soldier has signed in, he/she will complete in-processing before signing out on PTDY through their gaining unit. Housing is located at BLDG T-0070 Carter Road (corner of Pleasonton and Carter) and their operating hours are 7:30 a.m.- 4:00 p.m. Monday-Friday. The Housing Office phone number is 915-568-2653 / 2898.
3. If you are arriving to the El Paso International Airport and require transportation to Fort Bliss, Soldiers can call 915-569-5261 to be picked up by the Reception staff duty. Alternatively, Soldiers can pay for an Uber or ride share to the installation (charges will be reimbursed when they settle their travel voucher).
3. Health and Dental records