Meet overall wellness goals and manage COVID-19 stress with My MilLife Guide. Learn how to opt in to eight weeks of helpful texts delivered to your device.
SHOWING 1 - 1 OF 1 RESULTS
United States Army
Relocation Readiness Services
2494 Ricker Road
Fort Bliss, TX 79916
Moving is a way of life for service members and their families. Resources like MilitaryINSTALLATIONS, Plan My Move and Military OneSource provide important information to help make moving easier. But, for many newcomers, a sponsor adds that personal touch. A sponsor is assigned by a newcomer's gaining unit and helps the newcomer before, during and after a move. If you haven't been assigned a sponsor, you can request a sponsor through your new unit. Units try to match sponsors and service members by rank and family status. We also recognize that the service member isn’t the only one affected by a move, so spouses can also receive training to become a sponsor.
To help prepare sponsors for success, the Sponsorship Program provides training and access to important information and resources. The Sponsorship Program helps sponsors fulfill their duties including:
· Contacting the service member and family with an introductory email
· Staying in contact with the service member throughout the moving process
· Sending information about the new community and duty assignment, responding to questions and providing information about resources
· Confirming transportation and lodging arrangements
· Helping with post office arrangements
· Meeting service members and family members upon arrival
· Going with service members to unit check-in point
· Introducing service members to the Military and Family Support Center and loan closet, if it’s available
· Familiarizing service members and families with the installation and key locations, like the commissary
Note: Responsibilities may vary based on service-specific policies and guidance.
Overall, the Sponsorship Program aims to do the following:
· Provide newcomers with a sense of belonging
· Ease the transition for inbound service members or civilians and their family members
· Increase productivity of service members and loved ones
· Help newcomers make informed decisions
· Cultivate new friendships
· Improve morale
For more information on the Sponsorship Program, contact your installation’s Relocation Assistance Program office or, in the Marine Corps, the Information and Referral office.
Installation youth sponsorship programs facilitate the integration of military connected youth to new surroundings during moves. Primarily directed to preteen and teenaged youth, installation youth programs give youth information and materials on programs and services available at their new location. Where available, youth can exchange emails, talk on the phone or chat online with other youth. The youth program staff at your new installation can offer more information on the youth sponsorship program. Families with children may also want to visit Military Kids Connect, an online community for military children and youth. The site offers games, videos and links to teen-led installation tours.
Once you receive your assignment instructions log into actnow.army.mil and complete the digital DA Form 5434. You will be assigned a sponsor approximately 120 days from your report date. Take this time to reach out to your gaining unit to inform them of your pending arrival and any issues you may have requiring earlier sponsor assignment. Such as if you are going TDY enroute to your next duty station. If you have any issues get with your BDE/BN Sponsorship Coordinators and if they are unable to assist feel free to reach out to the Installation Sponsorship Office. Complete the inprocessing survey within 45 days of arrival at your new duty station. Complete your outprocessing survey within 15 days of your final clearance from your current duty station.
The Fort Bliss Welcome Center, located in Building 505 on West Fort Bliss, is the premier means for service members to connect with a unit sponsor. Upon arrival at Fort Bliss, Welcome Center staff can assist incoming Soldiers 24 hours/day, 7 Days a week.
Fort Bliss Sponsorship Office:
Staff Duty: 915-568-3035, 24 hours.
Welcome Center Sponsorship Room:
BLDG 505, Room A111, Fort Bliss, Texas 79916