Showing 1 - 1 OF 1
Army Emergency Relief - Army Community Service
Building 225 Davis St.
fort Buchanan, PR 00934
Contact information for key programs and services at this installation.
If you need emergency assistance, you can expect to get help from your installation, your branch of service resources. There are programs to support you in a variety of situations, including victim assistance, emergencies en route and service-specific relief societies. Below, you’ll find types of assistance, contact information, and detailed procedures and guidance to help you through any tough circumstances that you or your family may face.
Sexual Assault Response Coordinator (SARC): for sexual assault cases only: 787 707-3518; USAG SHARP 24/7 Confidential helpline: 787 406-4222
Victim Advocate services: for sexual assault cases: 787 707-3418; help line: 787 406-4222
Family Advocacy Program (FAP) / Social Worker: for domestic violence and child abuse cases: 787 707-2050 or 787 420-9316; Victim Advocate: 787 221-7982.
Department of Emergency Services (DES) / Police Department: 787-707-3337
Note: Victims of sexual assault must contact SARC; and victims of domestic violence must contact the FAP Treatment Social Worker if they want to elect a Restricted Reporting Procedure option. Once a victim of sexual assault or domestic violence contacts DES/Police Department and provides information of her/his case, the case will be classified with an Unrestricted Reporting Procedure option. Once a Law Enforcement agency have been notified/informed, it must begin an investigation.
Emergency notification is a time sensitive issue. For Soldiers and Families to receive emergency leave and/or emergency assistance, it is necessary to have an American Red Cross message. Therefore, it is advisable that you provide your full unit address in Puerto Rico to your Family in the United States soon after you arrive. Also, advise them to locate their nearest American Red Cross station to facilitate emergency notification in case the need arises. The American Red Cross can be contacted for family emergencies when the sponsor is stationed away from the family. For military emergencies, call 877 272-7337.
Emergency Service Organizations
Contact the nearest military installation for emergency travel assistance and/or request assistance from Army Emergency Relief (AER). If your port call is Charleston, South Carolina, there are services at nearby Charleston Air Force Base. If you are flying from Atlanta, Houston or Miami, there is assistance at USO office located in each airport. For emergency notification services, look in the telephone directory for the nearest chapter of the American Red Cross and/or the Travelers Aid Society. The AER office is located at Army Community Service, Building 225 Davis Street, Fort Buchanan, Puerto Rico. Eligible personnel can receive an interest free loan, and occasionally a grant, for bona fide emergencies as defined by AER regulations.
Eligibility for AER financial assistance, the individual must:
(1) Soldiers on Active Duty and their eligible Family members.
(2) Soldiers Retired from Active Duty because of longevity and their eligible Family members (Retired ID Card).
(3) Retired Army Reserve and National Guard Soldiers and their eligible Family members who have reached the age of 60 or are receiving DFAS retirement benefits (Retired ID Card).
(4) Medically Retired Soldiers and eligible Family members, including those placed on the Permanent Disability Retired List (PDRL) and the Temporary Disability Retirement List (TDRL) (Retired ID Card).
(5) Surviving Spouse and Children of Soldiers who died while on Active Duty (including those on Title 10 Orders) or in an eligible Retired status at time of death.
(6) Members of the Reserve Component of the Army (National Guard and Army Reserve under Title 10 U.S.C) on continuous Active Duty for more than 30 consecutive days and their eligible Family members. The valid financial need must be related to the call to service under Title 10 and should not be an issue that existed prior to being activated to Active Duty (i.e., Rent that was past due three months prior to being activated to Active Duty is not related to the Service member’s call to Active Duty).
Have a bona fide unplanned emergency which can be resolved by a financial loan. Be able to repay the interest-free loan within a reasonable time. A grant is given only for a once-in-a-lifetime emergency, where a qualified individual is unable to pay or to qualified widows.
Army Emergency Relief, Fort Buchanan (duty hrs. 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.): 787 707-3310 or DSN 740-3310.
Important Contact Numbers
Contact the following organizations in case of emergencies (24/7):
American Red Cross: 877 272-7337 (for military emergencies)Police, ambulance, or Fire Department (on-post): 787 707-3337/5911Police emergency (on-post): 787 707-4911; and 911 for off-post emergencies.