Get the latest on the Coronavirus outbreak for the military community on Military OneSource.
SHOWING 1 - 1 OF 1 RESULTS
United States Army
ACS Relocation Readiness Program
1501 William C. Lee Rd (inside gate 1)
Fort Campbell, KY 42223
Moving is a way of life for service members and their families. Resources like MilitaryINSTALLATIONS, Plan My Move and Military OneSource provide important information to help make moving easier. But, for many newcomers, a sponsor adds that personal touch. A sponsor is assigned by a newcomer's gaining unit and helps the newcomer before, during and after a move. If you haven't been assigned a sponsor, you can request a sponsor through your new unit. Units try to match sponsors and service members by rank and family status. We also recognize that the service member isn’t the only one affected by a move, so spouses can also receive training to become a sponsor.
To help prepare sponsors for success, the Sponsorship Program provides training and access to important information and resources. The Sponsorship Program helps sponsors fulfill their duties including:
· Contacting the service member and family with an introductory email
· Staying in contact with the service member throughout the moving process
· Sending information about the new community and duty assignment, responding to questions and providing information about resources
· Confirming transportation and lodging arrangements
· Helping with post office arrangements
· Meeting service members and family members upon arrival
· Going with service members to unit check-in point
· Introducing service members to the Military and Family Support Center and loan closet, if it’s available
· Familiarizing service members and families with the installation and key locations, like the commissary
Note: Responsibilities may vary based on service-specific policies and guidance.
Overall, the Sponsorship Program aims to do the following:
· Provide newcomers with a sense of belonging
· Ease the transition for inbound service members or civilians and their family members
· Increase productivity of service members and loved ones
· Help newcomers make informed decisions
· Cultivate new friendships
· Improve morale
For more information on the Sponsorship Program, contact your installation’s Relocation Assistance Program office or, in the Marine Corps, the Information and Referral office.
Installation youth sponsorship programs facilitate the integration of military connected youth to new surroundings during moves. Primarily directed to preteen and teenaged youth, installation youth programs give youth information and materials on programs and services available at their new location. Where available, youth can exchange emails, talk on the phone or chat online with other youth. The youth program staff at your new installation can offer more information on the youth sponsorship program. Families with children may also want to visit Military Kids Connect, an online community for military children and youth. The site offers games, videos and links to teen-led installation tours.
The Fort Campbell Child & Youth Services, Middle School and Teen Program provides a Youth Sponsorship Program which helps relocate youth to become familiar with their new home at Fort Campbell. For more information contact the School Support Services at 270-412-8429 or 270-798-9874 or access the following website at https://campbell.armymwr.com/programs/youth-sponsorship or email at email@example.com
Soldiers desiring additional information from the Brigade which they are being assigned to and/or wish to request a sponsor to assist them upon arrival at Fort Campbell can contact the Brigade Staff Duty. The phone listing for each Brigade is under the Major Unit Listings. Additional information on sponsorship can be accessed online. You can also email the Fort Campbell Sponsorship Liaison at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact by phone at 270-798-5180.
If you don't have a pinpoint assignment, a reactionary sponsor will be provided to you once you're assigned to a unit. For more information on sponsorship, please contact Sponsorship Program at 270-798-5180 or 270-798-5257. All incoming personnel must report to Kalsu Replacement Company located at 6916 Desert Storm Ave to sign in. Kalsu Replacement Company is open 24 hrs a day 7 days a week. Refer to "Check in Procedures" for reporting in procedures. Kalsu Replacement Company phone number is 270-798-2813/2817.